The January Meeting of the Capitol Hill Neighborhood Council will include the first Public Open House to discuss the Warm Springs Park Master Plan. Our regular meeting will be held this Wednesday, January 21st, starting at 6:30 p.m. in the Copper Room of the East Annex of the State Capitol (where we have met in the past) until 7:00 p.m. Salt Lake City Parks will host the public Master Plan meeting starting at 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the same room. There will be three additional Public Open Houses as well as additional discussion during future Neighborhood Council meetings. Please see the following link for additional information!
Please come and participate in this very important discussion about this critical amenity in our neighborhood.
Warm Spring Public meetings
The Judicial Performance Evaluation Commission is currently seeking volunteers for its Courtroom Observation Program. The attached outlines some of the opportunities and responsibilities that are available to those interested in participating. A member of our Capitol Hill Neighborhood Council is the Executive Director of the Commission.
Please consider this as an excellent opportunity to give service to our State and community.
Press Release CO Nov 2014
Over the past months there have been several car burglaries in the area. On Saturday around 6:00am, a thief was confronted about looking in cars with a flashlight on Vine Street — he quickly fled. He then returned around 8:00am and was captured on video breaking into a car but unfortunately his license plate number has not yet been captured. The man drives a white SUV and has also been seen driving around the neighborhood throughout the night and into the morning.
Please keep an eye out and be sure to report any suspicious activity to 911. If your car has been burglarized and you have not already filed a police report, you can do so online at http://slcpd.com/contact-us/online-report/.
Edit: A witness has provided the following additional information about the car and suspect:
- Drives a White Hyundai Santa Fe with only a rear license plate. No front plate.
- Rear windows are tinted dark
- Rims are silver
- No spare tire on the trunk door
- The driver is nearly 6 ft tall, skinny, darker skin (maybe mexican or persian). He has a narrow, long nose and little to no visible hair on his head.
Don’t forget the neighborhood blood drive tomorrow from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the LDS Church gym at 142 West 200 North. With summer coming, the need for blood transfusions increases dramatically. ARUP will be in the neighborhood to collect donations of blood from those able to give. The attached provides additional details.
Come any time during the scheduled hours. No appointment is necessary. It takes about 30 minutes.
Please consider giving the gift of life.
Neighborhood Blood Drive
Our Capitol Hill Neighborhood Council July Meeting will be held Wednesday, July 16th starting at 6:30 p.m. in the Copper Room of the East Annex of the State Capitol.
Items on the Agenda will include:
* Reports from City and State Representatives
* Report from UDOT, SLC Transportation and Interplan reviewing the responses from the June Open House which analyzed various traffic flow suggestions around the State Capitol. If you didn’t get a chance to review those suggestions, please see the earlier post regarding the Open House Boards.
* Discussion of Rocky Mountain Power’s request for a rate increase including a surcharge on solar collection units. Representatives from Rocky Mountain Power and from UCARE will discuss issues surrounding the rate increase and answer questions.
* Discussion of improvements to the Ensign Peak Trail with SLC Open Space Representatives. The community has expressed an interest in upgrading and improving the trail to Ensign Peak. This discussion will kick-off a working effort to plan for those upgrades and improvements.
Look forward to seeing you on the 16th.
This announcement was just released of an Open House to discuss and take comment on changes to Open Space Signage that will be held this Wednesday afternoon. Please see the attached for details of the Open House time and location.
All are invited to the July 4th Capitol Hill Neighborhood Breakfast this Friday, July 4th, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at Warm Springs Park. Invite your neighbors to come with you … should be a great time.
July 4th Breakfast