Don’t forget the neighborhood blood drive tomorrow from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the LDS Church gym at 142 West 200 North. With summer coming, the need for blood transfusions increases dramatically. ARUP will be in the neighborhood to collect donations of blood from those able to give. The attached provides additional details.
Come any time during the scheduled hours. No appointment is necessary. It takes about 30 minutes.
Please consider giving the gift of life.
Neighborhood Blood Drive
Our Capitol Hill Neighborhood Council July Meeting will be held Wednesday, July 16th starting at 6:30 p.m. in the Copper Room of the East Annex of the State Capitol.
Items on the Agenda will include:
* Reports from City and State Representatives
* Report from UDOT, SLC Transportation and Interplan reviewing the responses from the June Open House which analyzed various traffic flow suggestions around the State Capitol. If you didn’t get a chance to review those suggestions, please see the earlier post regarding the Open House Boards.
* Discussion of Rocky Mountain Power’s request for a rate increase including a surcharge on solar collection units. Representatives from Rocky Mountain Power and from UCARE will discuss issues surrounding the rate increase and answer questions.
* Discussion of improvements to the Ensign Peak Trail with SLC Open Space Representatives. The community has expressed an interest in upgrading and improving the trail to Ensign Peak. This discussion will kick-off a working effort to plan for those upgrades and improvements.
Look forward to seeing you on the 16th.
This announcement was just released of an Open House to discuss and take comment on changes to Open Space Signage that will be held this Wednesday afternoon. Please see the attached for details of the Open House time and location.
All are invited to the July 4th Capitol Hill Neighborhood Breakfast this Friday, July 4th, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at Warm Springs Park. Invite your neighbors to come with you … should be a great time.
July 4th Breakfast
The CHNC Bulletin is being mailed to homes throughout the Council area over the next few days. A copy is available on the Website under Bulletin – Spring 2014
Over the past few months, Utah Department of Transportation (in connection with Salt Lake City) has conducted a study to investigate solutions for Capitol Hill community traffic problems. After numerous meetings with the Community Council to develop and discuss potential options, the analysis team invites you to come view the results at a Public Open House.
The Open House will be held:
· Wednesday, June 11, 2014
· 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm (Open House Format – come any time)
· State Office Building Auditorium
Please review previous postings regarding the Capitol Area Traffic Study for additional information.
What are your opinions on the proposed streetscape improvements to 300 West between North Temple and 1000 North? Share your opinions here!