Join your neighbors at the March meeting of the Capitol Hill Neighborhood Council – this Wednesday, March 19, 2014 starting at 6:30PM in the Copper Room of the East Senate Building of the State Capitol Complex.
Are you concerned with the traffic in the Capitol Hill area? Please take a moment to review a summary of the Capitol Hill traffic study performed in January.
Attached are the minutes of the Capitol Hill Neighborhood Council’s Meeting for December 2013. CHNC Meeting Minutes_12182013
Tomorrow night’s Council meeting has a full agenda with three presentations, and reports.
For the full agenda click here: Agenda 12-18-13
- Presentation on Almond Street Development by Garbett & Staker Development. The development is slated for 300 North & 200 North and Almond & West Temple Streets. JSA Almond Street Submittal Package 2013-10-07 (2):
- Traffic study on Capitol Hill. The presentation will focus on the traffic study being conducted by UDOT for traffic from Victory Road – Columbus Street and down State or Main Streets. The study will also look at the possibility of a traffic light at 500 North & Columbus Streets. There will be an open house in January.
- Snow Removal discussion by SLC Streets Department personnel. With the addition of several new priority A streets in the neighborhood, the department wants feedback on how snow removal is going this year. There may also be some discussion on the proposed off-street parking ordinance for snow removal as well as a reminder for sidewalk snow removal requirements.
Our liaison to the Mayor’s office, Joyce Valdez is retiring effective 12-31. We will miss her and wish her and husband Andy a great and restful retirement. She has done a wonderful job for this Council and others. Happy Retirement Joyce!
Hope to see you all at Council Meeting.
Here are the Council Meeting minutes from our September Council meeting on 9-18-13. CHCC Minutes_09182013
Capitol Hill Neighborhood Council
East Senate Building, Copper Room
October 16, 2013
Welcome – Richard Starley, Chair – 10 minutes
Introductions & Announcement
Minutes – John Boyack, Secretary
Treasurer’s Report – Victoria Collard, Treasurer
Reports – 5 minutes
Fire Department – Fire Station #2
SLC City Council District 3 Candidates – Issues Discussion & Q&A – 30 minutes
- Vince Kerzman, Vice-Chair, Moderator
- Stan Penfold & Sherm Clow
Reports (Continued) – 30 minutes
Police Department – Det. Charli Goodman
Elected Officials – City Council, State Rep. & Senator (if attending)
Mayor’s Office – Joyce Valdez
SLCPD Volunteer Corps – Robert King
Bylaws Committee – Vince Kerzman
UTA Focus Group – Don Butterfield & Andrew Prior
Traffic Issues – Richard Starley & Vince Kerzman
Welcome Committee – Shirley McLaughlan
SLC Neighborhood Development Grants – John Boyack – 5 minutes
2014 Board Nominations – 10 minutes
Council Awards – Vince Kerzman – 10 minutes
Other Business/ Adjourn – 5 minutes
Next Council Meeting – Wednesday, November 20, 2013, 6:30 PM – Copper Room
Next Board Meeting – Monday, November 4, 2013, 6:30 PM – Place TBA
*The Agenda is always subject to change.