The March meeting of the Capitol Hill Neighborhood Council will be held Wednesday, March 18th at 6:30 p.m. in the Copper Room of the East Annex of the State Capitol Complex. We will receive reports from City Representatives, State Legislators and discuss Salt Lake City’s Transit Master Plan and the proposed revisions to Ensign Peak Trail. We will also have a report on the ongoing Master Plan efforts for Warm Springs Park.
Please plan on attending …
Here is the Agenda for tomorrow night’s Capitol Hill Neighborhood Council meeting (2-19-14). The meeting starts at 6:30 PM in the Copper Room in the East Senate Office Building in the State Capitol complex. Parking is east of the building off of East Capitol Boulevard. See you then. CHNC Agenda
The Council’s January meeting will be held on
- January 15, 2014
- 6:30 PM
- Copper Room, East Senate Building
Council Agenda 1-15-14
Capitol Hill Neighborhood Council will hold its regular monthly meeting on:
- This Wednesday, January 15, 2014
- 6:30 – 8:00 PM
- East Senate Building, Copper Room
- Parking and entrance off of East Capitol Boulevard
The agenda will include:
- Warm Springs History
- U. of Utah Student Design Studio – 400 West & 200 North
- SLC Recycling and Waste Outreach
PLEASE JOIN US.
Tomorrow night’s Council meeting has a full agenda with three presentations, and reports.
For the full agenda click here: Agenda 12-18-13
- Presentation on Almond Street Development by Garbett & Staker Development. The development is slated for 300 North & 200 North and Almond & West Temple Streets. JSA Almond Street Submittal Package 2013-10-07 (2):
- Traffic study on Capitol Hill. The presentation will focus on the traffic study being conducted by UDOT for traffic from Victory Road – Columbus Street and down State or Main Streets. The study will also look at the possibility of a traffic light at 500 North & Columbus Streets. There will be an open house in January.
- Snow Removal discussion by SLC Streets Department personnel. With the addition of several new priority A streets in the neighborhood, the department wants feedback on how snow removal is going this year. There may also be some discussion on the proposed off-street parking ordinance for snow removal as well as a reminder for sidewalk snow removal requirements.
Our liaison to the Mayor’s office, Joyce Valdez is retiring effective 12-31. We will miss her and wish her and husband Andy a great and restful retirement. She has done a wonderful job for this Council and others. Happy Retirement Joyce!
Hope to see you all at Council Meeting.
East Capitol Office Building, Copper Room
September 18, 2013
Welcome – Richard Starley, Chair – 10 minutes
Reports – 30 minutes
- Fire Department – Fire Station #2
- Police Department – Det. Charli Goodman
- Elected Officials – City Council, State Rep. & Senator (if attending)
- Mayor’s Office – Joyce Valdez
- Mobile Watch – Georg Stutzenberger & Robert King
- Bylaws Committee Update – Vince Kerzman, Shirley McLaughlin, Vicky Collard
- Marmalade Block Developer Selection Committee – Andrew Prior
Getting Ready for the 2014 Elections – 20 minutes
- Changes in Process
- Application – Open Positions
UTA Focus Group – Don Butterfield and Andrew Prior – 5 minutes
Former Children’s Museum Committee – 10 minutes
Business District Committee – 10 minutes
Other Business/ Q/A – 10 minutes
*The Agenda is always subject to change.
Next Council Meeting – Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 6:30 PM – Copper Room
Next Trustee Meeting – Monday, October 7, 2013, 6:30 PM – Place TBA