Our Capitol Hill Neighborhood Council July Meeting will be held Wednesday, July 16th starting at 6:30 p.m. in the Copper Room of the East Annex of the State Capitol.
Items on the Agenda will include:
* Reports from City and State Representatives
* Report from UDOT, SLC Transportation and Interplan reviewing the responses from the June Open House which analyzed various traffic flow suggestions around the State Capitol. If you didn’t get a chance to review those suggestions, please see the earlier post regarding the Open House Boards.
* Discussion of Rocky Mountain Power’s request for a rate increase including a surcharge on solar collection units. Representatives from Rocky Mountain Power and from UCARE will discuss issues surrounding the rate increase and answer questions.
* Discussion of improvements to the Ensign Peak Trail with SLC Open Space Representatives. The community has expressed an interest in upgrading and improving the trail to Ensign Peak. This discussion will kick-off a working effort to plan for those upgrades and improvements.
Look forward to seeing you on the 16th.
This announcement was just released of an Open House to discuss and take comment on changes to Open Space Signage that will be held this Wednesday afternoon. Please see the attached for details of the Open House time and location.
All are invited to the July 4th Capitol Hill Neighborhood Breakfast this Friday, July 4th, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at Warm Springs Park. Invite your neighbors to come with you … should be a great time.
July 4th Breakfast
The CHNC Bulletin is being mailed to homes throughout the Council area over the next few days. A copy is available on the Website under Bulletin – Spring 2014
The Neighborhood Council held an Open House with InterPlan, UDOT and SLC Transportation to discuss the work that has been done over the past several months to find solutions to traffic problems in our neighborhoods. There was significant analysis of the traffic problems and various solutions were presented as possible options.
Neighbors and interested parties were invited to provide input and suggestions relative to the proposed options. Attached is the presentation of the analysis and solutions provided by InterPlan, UDOT and SLC Transportation. Please take time to review this information and provide feed back on this blog. The feedback will be used to further refine solution options in the future.
Our July Council meeting will include further discussion regarding these options. Again, please provide your input and suggestions …. the more input and participation we, as a community put into this effort, the better the opportunity to find long term, meaningful solutions.
June Open House Boards
A reminder that our June Council meeting will be held next Wednesday, June 18th, at the usual time, 6:30 p.m., at the usual place, Copper Room, in the East Senate Annex building at the State Capitol.
On the Agenda are:
* Report from Salt Lake City regarding water projects in the area
* Report from the RDA on the current and future status of the RDA area on 300 West between 500 No and 600 No.
* Legislative and Municipal Updates
Please plan on attending and participating.
We are planning on having a report on the Traffic Study proposals and result from the June Open House during our July Council meeting. Also, we are expecting to have the proposals posted on our website as soon as we get them from InterPlan.
Over the past few months, Utah Department of Transportation (in connection with Salt Lake City) has conducted a study to investigate solutions for Capitol Hill community traffic problems. After numerous meetings with the Community Council to develop and discuss potential options, the analysis team invites you to come view the results at a Public Open House.
The Open House will be held:
· Wednesday, June 11, 2014
· 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm (Open House Format – come any time)
· State Office Building Auditorium
Please review previous postings regarding the Capitol Area Traffic Study for additional information.